Monday, July 10, 2006

Concert before lunch

Last Sunday, I went to experience a concert in the Staatstheater am Gaertnerplatz. The music was very interesting. It started with a clarinette-cello-piano Trio of Zemlinsky in D-moll. I was very much fascinated by the voice of the clarinette, but also the cello and piano had very interesting stories to tell. Then, there came a piece by Anton Webern for piano and cello. Strange sounds, clear and accurate, long pauses between the tones, no classical emotional story, very abstract. Now that I am reading about functional programming and polymorphism, I realize that this new viewpoint gives another tool to look at the universe and data structures. I also bought some books about finance and economics. The first principle of finance - the time value of money - I find very important: "A dollar tomorrow is worth less than a dollar today", still we should take care with our invests to respect our values to protect freedom and peace.

No comments: